Bunn is known to be one of the leading coffee machine manufacturers. The brand has made its way to the big leagues, and it is trusted by thousands of customers. Today we will be assisting Bunn’s loyal customers by guiding them through the best way of cleaning and caring for their Bunn coffee maker. We all know that just like the rest of our home appliances, the coffee makers require maintenance every once in a while, too. Furthermore, cleaning them is not much of a hassle either. At most, they can take just around 30 minutes of your time. Now, before we get to our main subject of cleaning Bunn’s coffee maker, let us first clarify its importance to our valued readers.
Why You Should Clean Your Coffee Maker
All of us, coffee enthusiasts, love our morning coffee. It saves us a trip to Starbucks and is also wallet-friendly. But here’s the thing, your Bunn’s coffee maker needs maintenance and cleaning every once in a while. Unless you’re okay with a moldy coffee with a taste of bacteria, you should give your coffee maker a thorough cleaning session at least once every 3 months. The water left inside your coffee maker is the cause behind the growth of mold and minerals in your Bunn’s coffee machine. If left uncared for, your Bunn’s coffee maker might disappoint you with its coffee brewing services. So, without further ado, let us get into our main topic for today of how to clean the Bunn coffee maker.
Cleaning Bunn Coffee Maker
Before we start the cleaning procedure, let us tell you the things you’ll need.
- The first thing you want to do is clean the external body of the coffee maker. Use the cloth and apply some soapy water on it; now, clean the surface of the coffee maker.
- Try reaching for tight spots where dirt might have been built up. Use the cloth to take care of it.
- Now pour the vinegar into the brewing cup till it is almost full, and then pour it inside the brewer. Plugin your coffee machine and power it up.
- Press the brew button and watch the coffee maker brew hot vinegar into the same cup. This will make the vinegar circulate around the coffee maker and clean its internal body.
- Repeat this process of brewing vinegar 2-3x.
- Now it is time to clean the inner tank with water. Fill the cup with cold water and pour it into the brewer.
- Press the brew button again and brew it as if you brew coffee. Your machine will be cleaned from the inside out.
This is the simplest and most effective method of cleaning your very own Bunn’s coffee machine. You can use this method for Bunn’s mainstream single-serve, speed brew line, and multiple-server machines.
How to Clean Bunn Coffee Maker Without Vinegar
For folks who do not prefer vinegar, we recommend you go for other effective cleaning liquids. Coffee machines should be cleaned with mild descaling chemicals, and vinegar perfectly fits the ideal standard. However, if you’re picky about the cleaning solution, then you’re free to clean your coffee maker with any descaling solution. A baking soda solution or a simple disinfectant chemical are both great in erasing stains, mold, and minerals inside your coffee machine. Nonetheless, we advise you to go for whichever approach suits you best.
How to Clean Bunn Coffee Maker with Deliming Spring Tool
Bunn offers its valued customers a deliming spring tool that is the perfect fit for cleaning the water delivery tube of Bunn’s coffee machines. If you can get that tool, then your coffee machine’s maintenance would be made easier. The deliming spring tool is the best solution for thoroughly cleaning the tube through which your coffee passes. Most coffee machine owners often neglect it. Moreover, the tool is made to fit almost all standard Bunn’s coffee makers. So, how do you use it to clean your machine’s Waterhead? Allow us to guide you.
- Take off the filter and undo the water spray head.
- Insert the deliming spring tool up into the water tube at least 5 inches.
- Twist, push, pull, and move around the tool till you feel the water tube clearing up.
- You’ll likely notice minerals stick on your tool and drop down on the surface after pulling the tool out. This means your water tube is now free from blockages.
- Reassemble the parts back onto your machine and get it running just like before. You’ll surely notice a difference in the flow of the brewed coffee afterward.
Before we wrap up, we want to give our readers a few tips regarding cleaning their coffee makers in general. So, here are some quick tips for you guys to make the cleaning process free from troubles.
Tips to Clean Your Coffee Maker
1. Always Pay Equal Attention to External and Internal Body
Many coffee machine owners tend to neglect the internal body of their coffee machines. They keep their coffee makers all shiny from the outside while on the inside, bacteria is partying on top of the mold beds in the water tank. The real deal is the internal body. If you can keep it clean, you can expect your machine to function smoothly.
2. Do Not Fully Disassemble Your Coffee Maker
There is no need to fully disassemble your coffee maker. You have the advantage of circulating the cleaning solution (vinegar) throughout the body of your coffee maker. Use it to its fullest and avoid disassembling the main components of the coffee maker to make things easier. As far as the minor parts are concerned, such as the needle or the filter storage, those can be detached to be cleaned.
3. Do Not Use Extreme Chemicals
The use of dense substances of high concentration can cause damage to your coffee maker. Be sure to only use mild solutions that can get the job done. You also do not have to fully use vinegar or any other chemical solution. If you’re a bit short, don’t hesitate to add some parts water. As long as the water is equal to or less than the cleaning solution, you can expect your cleaning process to be successful.
Bunn is a respected brand that cares for its customers. If you face any trouble regarding the cleaning part, we hope our guide was enough to help you furthermore you can contact us. However, you can also check out some of Bunn’s coffee machine cleaning tutorials that can be easily accessed through the internet. Your coffee machine needs your care, just as all other home appliances do. With proper maintenance, you can expect these products to serve you for a lifetime and function properly in this period too. We hope our guide was of help to you coffee-loving folks. Have fun brewing that hot cup tomorrow!
Premium Guides for Related Products:
- How Long Does Cold Brew Last?
Best Single Cup Coffee Maker with Grinder – 2021 Iconic Brands Loved by Consumers
Best Espresso Machine Under 500 | The Ultimate Buying Guide
Best Home Espresso Machine Under 200 | A Conclusive Guide
Best Beginner Espresso Machine in 2021 (Expert Barista Opinion)